Sunday, October 29, 2006

And They Say Classrooms are for Learning?

I relate a story by Clarence Fisher which demonstrates the ability of kids to learn using the tools offered by the internet! One of her pupils related the following...

"I was on MSN and someone from China popped up, but they were typing in Chinese and I didn't get it. So I went online and found an Chinese to English translator and copied and pasted their posts into it and I figured out what they were saying. Then I wrote what I wanted to say, got it translated into Chinese and then pasted it into MSN. It was a pretty cool night."

Wow! There are so many lessons about connected kids, a world which is becoming more connected as I type, new online free technologies and the changing role of teachers!

No comments

© Jongilanga
Maira Gall